For the Potato and Aged Cheddar Pave:
- Peel potatoes and soak them in cold water to prevent them from oxodizing
- Slice potatoes ⅛ in. thick on a mandoline.
- Slice truffles ⅛ in. thick on a mandoline.
- Toss potatoes in melted butter, salt and black pepper
- Start by buttering a baking dish to prevent sticking. Place a layer of seasoned potato in the baking dish, by a layer of cheese, by a layer of sliced truffles.
- Continue to alternate layers until baking dish is full.
- Wrap in foil and bake at 400F for 45 mins. Cool for 2 hours. Slice.
- Heat a non stick pan over medium heat. Place 1 T of Kerrygold butter in the pan. Sear one side of sliced pave until golden brown.
For the warm truffle mayo:
- Melt Kerrygold butter in a medium pot.
- Place 3 egg yolks in a medium mixing bowl. Slowly emulsify melted butter into egg yolks, till thick.
- Add the remaining ingredients