- In an oven-proof stock pot or Dutch oven, melt the Kerrygold Salted Butter over medium heat.
- Add the onions, and pepper and cook, stirring until the onions are deeply golden (but not brown) and caramelized about 25 minutes
- Sprinkle the onions with the flour, stir for one minute, then add the stock, thyme and bay leaves, scraping up all the browned bits at the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until the flavors have melded. Remove and discard the thyme sprigs and bay leaves.
- Turn on the broiler.
- Pour the soup into oven-proof bowls, add a baguette slice to each and press down to submerge.
- Sprinkle with the Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese, place on a sheet pan and broil until bubbly and golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh thyme leaves and freshly cracked pepper.