- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper and the sweet paprika on both sides.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium low heat, with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sear the chicken breasts on both sides in the heated skillet. It should take about 3 minutes per side. Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet, and roast in the hot oven for another 20-25 minutes.
- Heat a large stock pot filled with water. Generously salt the water with kosher salt, and cook the fettuccine until al dente, about 6 minutes. Reserve 1 cup of the starchy pasta water to use in the sauce. Drain the pasta.
- To the same nonstick you cooked the chicken in, add another tablespooon of olive oil, and the chopped onion. Cook on medium low for 3 minutes until the onion are softened. Add the chopped garlic, tomato paste, rosemary, and sun dried tomatoes. Cook on low for 3-4 minutes. Add the starchy pasta water, heavy cream, and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium high until bubbling.
- Turn off the heat, and add the Kerrygold Dubliner shredded cheese. Stir into the sauce until melted, then add all of the spinach and chopped basil into the sauce. Stir until wilted. Add the cooked fettuccine to sauce. Use a wooden spoon or tongs to stir the pasta in. Cook on low for 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. Spoon some of sauce over the chicken, slice and add to the pasta. Garnish with more fresh basil leaves, olive oil and chili flakes. Enjoy!
Recipe by Lion’s Bread.