To make the dressing:
- In a skillet over medium heat cook chopped shallot in olive oil for 5-8 minutes until cooked and golden. Set aside to cool.
- In a large jar, add shallots, mayo, yogurt (or sour cream) apple cider vinegar, sugar, buttermilk and salt and whisk to combine.
- Slowly stream in the sunflower oil and poppy seeds and whisk to combine. Cover, and chill for an hour or so before serving. Can be made up to 3 days ahead of time.
To make the candied nuts:
- On a sheet pan lined with parchment, toss pecans in melted Kerrygold Salted Butter.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, melt sugar until golden brown, and pour melted caramel sugar over the buttered nuts.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt immediately after drizzling the hot sugar all over the pecans.
- Set aside to cool for at least 20 minutes and then chop or break apart to put into the salad.
- Put fresh spinach in a large serving bowl, and toss with as much dressing as you’d like.
- Add a generous amount of freshly cut strawberries, candied nuts, large chunks of Kerrygold Cashel Blue Cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Make sure to put the dressing on the salad just before serving.
Recipe by Sweetish.Co