For the sauce:
- Place Kerrygold Salted butter in a small saucepan and melt over medium heat. Add shallots to melted butter and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add red wine vinegar and apricot preserves to pan. Stir to combine and cook until heated through. Set aside.
For the Baked Apples
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place apples on baking sheet and add one cube of Kerrygold Salted butter to the cored well of each apple half. Brush apples with apricot sauce.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until apples are cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside.
For the Pork Chops:
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a cast iron pan and heat until shimmering.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper and add to pan.
- Cook on medium high heat for 4 minutes per side. Remove chops from pan when internal temperature is 135°F. Tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with additional apricot sauce, baked apples and roasted vegetables, if desired.
Recipe by Garnish with Lemon.