- Make the basil pesto: add the chopped garlic, basil, toasted pine nuts, and olive oil to a blender or food processor. Blend on medium until the pesto is smooth. Add Kerrygold Blarney Castle Cheese, blend to combine for a few seconds, and then set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the halved cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Roast for 10-15 minutes until the tomatoes start to caramelize, and burst. Set aside.
- Heat a medium sauce pan of medium low heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan as well as the finely diced onion. Cook until the onions are soft and lightly golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic and a pinch of kosher salt, then cook for another 2 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste. Add the Arborio rice to the pot, and stir well to coat the rice with the tomato-oil-onion mixture. Add the white wine, and cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Slowly add the chicken stock to the pan, one cup at a time. Allow the rice to absorb the stock before adding more stock. Stir continuously to help the rice absorb the liquid, and to prevent sticking. Once all of the liquid has been added the rice should be fully cooked but slightly al dente (like pasta).
- Turn off the heat. Mix in half of the roasted cherry tomatoes, Kerrygold Unsalted Butter, and then the grated Kerrygold Blarney Castle Cheese. The risotto should be very creamy. If the risotto is too thick, stir in a 1/4 cup of water. If the risotto is too loose, cook over low heat for another 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately, and top with the remaining roasted tomatoes, spoonfuls of basil pesto, toasted pine nuts, freshly ground black pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Recipe by Lion’s Bread.