- Place the garlic, basil, tomato paste and cheese in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to combine until it is a thick paste.
- While the food processor is running, pour in the olive oil and process until emulsified. Season to taste with salt. Set aside until ready to serve with soup.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add leeks and cook until soft.
- Add carrots, zucchini, green beans, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables start to soften.
- Add chicken stock, water, beans and bay leaf and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with a tablespoon of pistou. Garnish with grated Dubliner and basil, if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Garnish with Lemon.