- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Place the diced butternut squash on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roasted the squash for about 25 minutes until the edges are golden brown and caramelized, turning once so that all sides crisp up. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the chicken stock, vegetable stock or water, and milk to a large pot and bring to a boil. Add the orzo, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add up 1/2 cup additional milk if the orzo has absorbed all of the liquid. Add the grated Kerrygold Blarney Castle Cheese to pan, and stir in until it has melted. Add the spinach to the pot, and stir in until it has wilted.
- Mix half of the roasted butternut squash into the orzo. Transfer to the serving dish. Add the rest of the roasted squash to the top, then drizzle with olive oil and freshly cracked black pepper to finish.
Recipe by Lion’s Bread