• First off, prep all cut veggies and grate your cheese the night before. (We use Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese but our Aged Cheddar would work well, too). They will keep well in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. The only exception to this is avocado. Plan to slice that right before guests arrive.
• You can easily cook your meat (sausage, bacon, carnitas, etc.) the night before and simply reheat in the morning.
• A tortilla warmer is an inexpensive but handy piece for keeping your tortillas soft and pliable for this Breakfast Taco Bar.
• Making eggs for a crowd can seem like the trickiest part to pulling off this taco bar, but our simple recipe for Oven Baked Scrambled Eggs makes quick work of that piece. It gives you all the great flavor and soft, fluffy texture of scrambled eggs on the stove but is quickly made in the oven and served family style – perfect for groups! Check out our recipe below:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13″ glass baking dish. Set aside.
2. Whisk together eggs, butter, half and half and salt in a large bowl. Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 10 minutes. Stir well, scraping down the sides of the dish. Bake for another 5 minutes and stir again. Bake for another 2-4 minutes or until eggs look almost set. Remove from oven and stir. Don’t worry if they still look a little runny; they will continue to cook from the residual heat in the baking dish. (If you prefer drier eggs, feel free to pop them back in the oven for a few more minutes.) Serve immediately.