- In a large soup pot over medium heat, add the Kerrygold Unsalted Butter, onions, carrots, and celery. Cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the sliced mushrooms and garlic to the pot, then cook for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the rice to the pot, stir well to coat the grains with the melted Kerrygold Unsalted Butter. Add the chicken broth and water to the pot, as well as the bay leaves. Turn the heat up to medium high, and bring the soup to a simmer.
- Lower the heat to low, and cover the pot tightly. Allow the soup to simmer for at least 60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Wild rice takes much longer to cook than other varieties of rice, so be patient.
- Once the rice is fully cooked it looks as though it has split open. Then add the heavy cream to the pot, and taste for seasoning. Add another pinch of kosher salt if necessary.
- Add the fresh parsley to each bowl of soup to garnish, and serve with crusty bread.
Recipe by Lions Bread.