- Line regular muffin tin with paper cupcake liners and set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and chai spice mix in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Place Kerrygold Unsalted Butter and sugar in a medium bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix.
- Alternate adding 1/3 of flour mixture and buttermilk; mixing just until incorporated after each addition.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes and then cool completely on wire rack before frosting.
- While cupcakes are cooling, make the buttercream frosting. In a large bowl, beat the Kerrygold Unsalted Butter until it is light and creamy.
- Add the powdered sugar, cream, vanilla and spice mix and beat until combined.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Dust with remaining spice mix if desired.
Recipe by Garnish with Lemon