- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add cracker crumbs, 6 tablespoons sugar and 9 tablespoons melted Kerrygold unsalted butter to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Evenly press the crust mixture into a 9-inch deep pie plate and bake for 5 minutes. Remove the crust from the oven.
- While the crust is baking, add ube and whipping cream to a high powered blender and blend until thick and creamy. Add remaining 1 cup of sugar, remaining 3 tablespoons butter and salt to the blender and process until fully incorporated. Add eggs and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Pour filling into the warm crust and bake for 10 minutes. Place pie crust shield over crust and loosely tent the pie with foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
- NOTE: covering the par-baked pie prevents the top from browning too quickly and helps it retain its vibrant purple color.
- Turn off the oven after 30 minutes, prop the door open with a wooden spoon and let the pie cool for an hour in the oven.
- Remove pie from oven and let cool completely before refrigerating 8 hours or overnight.
Recipe by Garnish with Lemon.