To make the crust:
- Place flour, powdered sugar and salt in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until combined. Add Kerrygold Unsalted Butter and pulse until well-incorporated. Pour in egg yolk, milk and vanilla. Process until dough comes together in a ball. Remove from food processor, shape into a disc and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment and set aside.
- Remove plastic wrap from dough. Place dough between two pieces of parchment paper, adding a bit of flour to keep from sticking, if necessary. Roll dough out to about an 11” circle. Peel the dough from the paper and lay over a 9” tart pan with a removable bottom. Press gently into the pan, working dough up the sides. Trim off any excess dough.
- Place tart pan on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Lower oven temperature to 350°F.
To make the filling:
- Place pumpkin, brown sugar and spices in a large mixing bowl. Stir together until combined.
- Whisk together eggs, melted Kerrygold Unsalted Butter, heavy cream and yogurt in a small bowl. Pour egg mixture into pumpkin mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Return tart pan to the oven on the prepared baking sheet. Pour filling into crust in tart pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until middle is almost set. Check tart after 20 minutes and tent crust edges with foil if browning too quickly. Cool completely on a wire rack. If not serving that day, refrigerate until ready to serve.
To make the topping:
- Place cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer with whisk attachment to beat until soft peaks form. Spread whipped cream over pie and dust with cinnamon, if desired.
Recipe by Garnish with Lemon.