- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add grated Kerrygold Unsalted Butter to flour mixture and incorporate using a pastry blender or two forks until it resembles sand. Stir persimmons into flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla and ½ cup cream. Pour into flour mixture and stir to combine. The dough will be slightly sticky.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead 5-6 time or until dough comes together. Form into a 1” thick disc.
- Cut rounds out of dough using a 2” biscuit or cookie cutter. Place on prepared baking sheets. Repeat until all dough is used, reforming dough into 1” thick disc as needed. Place baking sheets in refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes.
- While dough is chilling, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove scones from refrigerator and brush tops with remaining cream. Sprinkle tops with demerara sugar and almonds. Bake for 14-17 minutes, rotating pans once during baking.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet. Serve with Kerrygold® Reduced Fat Irish Butter and jam.
Recipe by Garnish with Lemon.