- Preheat the oven to 375F / 190C.
- Peel and cut apples into ¼” slices, removing the core and the seeds.
- In a large bowl, toss cut apples with lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon and pinch of salt.
- To make the topping: In an electric mixer, mix together flour, almond flour, butter, brown sugar and salt until combined. Mix until all the ingredients are all incorporated – take care not to over mix. Mixture should be slightly lumpy.
- Place 1 tablespoon of salted Kerrygold butter and 1 tablespoon of dark brown sugar at the bottom of each of the four, 6” cast iron skillets. If using one 12” cast iron skillet, place about 4-6 tablespoons of butter + brown sugar.
- Place apples on top of the brown sugar and butter in each skillet.
- Evenly distribute the topping on the apple slices. Sprinkle a generous amount of turbinado sugar over the topping.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until apple filling is bubbling.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.