- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Lightly grease an 8″ baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, beat the Kerrygold Unsalted Butter, sugar, and salt together, then beat in the flour until a stiff dough forms. You may need to add a spoonful or two of water if the dough doesn’t come together.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan, smoothing the surface with a spatula or your hands.
- Use a fork to prick the dough all over.
- Bake the shortbread until it’s a light golden brown across the top surface and a deeper golden brown around the edges, about 35 minutes.
- Remove the shortbread from the oven and turn it out of the pan and onto a clean work surface.
- While it’s still warm, cut the shortbread into four equal squares, then slice each quadrant into three equal strips, making twelve cookies. Transfer the shortbread to a cooling rack.