- Preheat oven to 400°F. Use ½ tablespoon of Kerrygold Salted Butter to grease a 9” gratin baking dish ( 1.25 quarts).
- Stir together cream, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper in a bowl. Spoon 2 tablespoons of cream mixture in bottom of Kerrygold Salted Butter buttered pan. Sprinkle ½ ounce of Kerrygold Reserve Cheddar on top of cream in pan. Set aside.
- Place sweet potatoes, parsnips and beets in individual bowls. Pour 2 tablespoons of cream mixture over sweet potatoes, add ½ ounce of Kerrygold Reserve Cheddar and stir to combine. Repeat with parsnips. Add 1 tablespoon cream mixture and ½ ounce Kerrygold Reserve Cheddar to beets and stir to combine.
- Stack potatoes upright in a row down the middle of the gratin dish. Repeat with parsnips and beets on either side of potatoes. Pour any remaining cream mixture over top of vegetables. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove foil, sprinkle gratin with remaining 1½ ounces of Kerrygold Reserve Cheddar and bake for another 10-20 minutes or until vegetables are soft and cooked through.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Garnish with Lemon