- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, combine the water and dry active yeast. Use a fork or whisk to combine. Add the olive oil, flour and salt to the bowl. Mix on low speed for 2 minutes until the dough comes together. Stop the mixer, and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula. Place a kitchen towel over the bowl, and let the dough rest for 5 minutes. Continue on medium speed, until the dough forms a ball and comes away from the sides, then mix for another 2-3 minutes. Add the 1 cup of grated Kerrygold Skellig Cheese. Mix for another 1 minute until incorporated.
- The dough should be smooth at this point. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover, and let rise at room temperature for 1 1/2 hours or until nearly doubled in volume.
- Prepare an 9×13” baking pan. Drizzle 1-2 teaspoons of olive in the bottom of the pan, and use your fingers or a pastry brush to coat the bottom and sides of the pan completely, set aside.
- Pour the dough out into the prepared baking pan. Use your hands to stretch the dough out into a rectangle-ish shape to fit the pan, and use your fingers to stretch it out, making sure to get into the corners.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel, and let proof at room temperature for 40-45 minutes until the dough is puffy, and slightly jiggly. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Drizzle another 2 teaspoons of olive oil on top of the dough. Use your fingers to dimple the surface of the dough really well for that signature focaccia look.
- Arrange the fresh vegetables on top of the focaccia dough. Sprinkle the flakey sea salt all over. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top is deeply golden brown. Allow to cool slightly, then enjoy!
Recipe by Lion’s Bread.