- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place the whole poblano peppers and the bell pepper on a rimmed baking sheet, and roast for 15-20 minutes, until the skin of the peppers is charred and slightly blackened. Rotate the peppers halfway through the to char evenly on both sides.
- While the peppers are still hot, place them in a heatproof bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap to steam the peppers for 10 minutes. Then, carefully transfer the peppers to a cutting board, and peel off the charred outer skin from each one – do not rinse the peppers. Remove the stem, and the seeds from each. Dice the roasted peppers. Set aside.
- Heat a medium size cast iron skillet over medium heat. Drizzle the avocado oil in the skillet, then add the chopped onion. Cook for 3 minutes, then add the chopped mushrooms and garlic, cook for another 5-7 minutes until softened and lightly caramelized. Remove the mushroom and onion mixture to a plate, set aside.
- Drizzle another teaspoon of avocado oil into the skillet. Layer ½ of the grated Kerrygold Skellig cheese. Crumble the ½ of the queso fresco on top. Add the mushroom and onion mixture on top of the cheese in an even layer. Add the chopped peppers to the skillet as well, reserving a few for the top.
- Layer on the remaining grated Skellig cheese, and queso fresco, and bake 6-8 minutes until the cheese is melted, bubbling, and golden brown. Top with chopped tomato, the remaining peppers, cilantro leaves, and squeeze of lime juice.
- Serve with warm tortilla chips.
Recipe by Lion’s Bread.