- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place broccoli on sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt & pepper.
- Toss to combine and roast for 12-14 minutes, stirring once. Set aside to cool.
- Melt Kerrygold Unsalted Butter in a dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Whisk in flour and cook for one minute.
- Slowly whisk in milk, stock and mustard, whisking constantly. Stir in carrots. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- While soup is simmering, finely chop cooled broccoli, leaving a few larger pieces intact for garnish.
- Remove soup from heat and stir in half and half.
- Add Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese with Irish Stout by the handful, stirring to melt after each addition. Stir in broccoli.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Garnish with reserved broccoli and roasted chickpeas, if desired.
Recipe by Garnish with Lemon