- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9×5″ loaf pan with parchment paper, and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- (For the topping and filling) In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, melted Kerrygold Salted butter, and kosher salt. Use a fork to combine.
- Use your clean hands to squeeze the mixture together until it forms a crumbly texture.
- Place the crumb topping into the freezer to firm up while you prepare the cake batter, about 10-15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the 8 tablespoons of melted Kerrygold Salted Butter and eggs. Use a whisk to beat together until slightly lighter in color. Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and pumpkin puree.
- Whisk to combine thoroughly until all of the pumpkin is incorporated.
- To the bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, and ground allspice.
- Use your fingertips to gently mix the dry ingredients together before incorporating into the wet ingredients. Use a rubber spatula to gently incorporate the dry ingredients, folding until no dry patches of flour remain.
- Remove the crumb topping from the freezer. Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared batter.
- Smooth out the batter into an even layer using a small offset spatula.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the crumb mixture on top of the cake batter. Pour the rest of the cake batter on top of the crumbs. Smooth out the top with the offset spatula. Add the rest of the crumb topping on top of the batter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until the crumbs are golden brown, and a cake tester comes out clean and hot.
Recipe by Lion’s Bread.