- In a 3 quart or larger pot, melt the Kerrygold Unsalted Butter over medium-low heat.
- Add the leeks, garlic, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until the leeks are soft but not brown, for about 8 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, stock, and thyme to the pot and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for about 10 – 12 minutes, or until the potatoes drop off the tip of a paring knife when pierced.
- Using an immersion blender or a regular blender (start on low and do not fill more than halfway; you will have to work in batches), puree the soup until smooth.
- Stir in the heavy cream and gently return to a simmer over low heat. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and/or pepper if needed.
- To serve, ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle a generous pinch of parsley on top.