- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Heat up the Kerrygold Unsalted Butter in the nonstick skillet and add in the crushed garlic. Melt the Kerrygold Unsalted Butter on low heat and let the garlic infuse into the Kerrygold Unsalted Butter for about 5 minutes on the lowest heat.
- While the Kerrygold Unsalted Butter is melting, place the thyme leaves and the finely chopped rosemary into a large bowl. Remove the garlic cloves from the oil, and then chop finely. Add the garlic to the bowl of herbs. Pour the melted Kerrygold Unsalted Butter into the bowl, then mix to combine. Do not wipe out or rinse the pan, set aside.
- Peel the potatoes, and slice in 1/8” rounds. Use a sharp chef’s knife for this or a mandolin. Add the thinly sliced potatoes to the bowl of herbs and butter, and gently toss to coat the potatoes with the melted Kerrygold Unsalted Butter mixture.
- Toss to coat evenly. Place the potatoes in the non-stick skillet, tightly overlapping and layering them in a circular pattern. Repeat until all the potato slices have been stacked.
- Place the pan on the stove and cover with the the parchment paper round. Lay a heavy weight on top of the parchment to press the potatoes down into the pan. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes to crisp up the potatoes.
- Remove the weight from the top and place in the pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes until the edges are deep golden brown and the potatoes are cooked through. Flip the potatoes over onto a plate and sprinkle the top with flakey sea salt and fresh thyme leaves. Enjoy!
Recipe by Lion’s Bread