- Place Kerrygold Unsalted Butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and orange zest and mix to combine.
- Slowly add the flour to the bowl using a low speed on the mixer. Mix until just combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add cherries, currants, apricots and ¼ cup orange peel to the dough and mix until evenly distributed.
- Turn the dough out onto a work surface and roughly form into a ball. Cut dough in half and roll each half into a log about 9-10” in length. Wrap each log tightly in parchment or wax paper and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. (NOTE: this dough can also be frozen for up to two months.)
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Carefully unwrap the dough from the parchment and cut the dough into ½” slices. Place cookies on prepared baking sheets and bake for 11-13 minutes or until the edges just start to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the pans.
- When cookies are cool, place chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and heat on medium for 60 seconds. Stir and repeat cooking on medium in 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth. Dip ½ of each cookie in chocolate, gently tap to remove excess and return to the parchment lined baking sheet. Garnish each cookie with sliced almonds and remaining candied orange peel.
Recipe by Garnish with Lemon.