- In a mixing bowl, mash all but 1 tablespoon of Kerrygold Unsalted Butter with herbs, shallots, and garlic. Season to taste.
- Pat the steaks dry and sprinkle on all sides with 2 tsp* salt.
- Heat a heavy 10-inch or larger cast iron skillet on high heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of Kerrygold Unsalted Butter; when melted, add the steaks in a single layer.
- Let the steak sit for 1 minute. Using tongs, flip and cook for 1 minute. Continue flipping the steak every 30 seconds. After two minutes, add a few pinches of pepper.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest for 5 – 10 minutes. Cut slices on the diagonal against the grain.
- Turn the heat to medium-low. Pour in the stock and use a wooden spoon to scrape any brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the compound butter and whisk until melted. Turn the heat to medium and stir until the sauce thickens slightly. Season to taste.
- Drizzle the steak slices with the pan sauce and serve.