- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9×4” loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar with the lemon zest. Use your fingertips to rub the zest into the sugar, releasing all the fragrant oils from the zest.
- Add the eggs, melted Kerrygold Unsalted Butter, lemon juice, and milk to the sugar. Use a whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the wet ingredients. Use your fingertips to gently mix the dry ingredients, then use a whisk to mix thoroughly, so no dry patches of flour remain. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake for 50-55 minutes until deeply golden brown. Allow the cake to cool completely before pouring on the glaze.
- Make the glaze: in a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, fresh lemon juice, salt, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until smooth. Pour the glaze over the cool cake.
- Optional: garnish the top with thinly sliced lemon.
Notes: store the cake at room temperature for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Recipe by Lion’s Bread.