For the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease and flour one or two mini bundt pans (10 cup capacity total). Set aside.
- Whisk the dry ingredients (flour through salt) together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (butter through juice). Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined; batter will be slightly lumpy. Evenly divide batter in prepared pan(s), filling each well no more than ¾ full.
- Bake for 25-29 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
For the glaze:
- Whisk together powdered sugar, butter, milk and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a bowl. If glaze is too thick, add additional lemon juice. Dip the cooled cakes in the glaze or drizzle on top. Return to the wire rack so the glaze can set up. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves and dried lavender buds while the glaze is still wet, if desired.
- If you only have one mini bundt pan, you can either halve the recipe or bake one pan at a time.
- You can also make this recipe in a 10-cup standard bundt pan.
Recipe by Garnish with Lemon.