- Begin by making the dough. In a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook combine the yeast and warmed milk. Stir in the sugar and let sit for 10 minutes until foamy. Add in the eggs and 4 ½ cups of flour. Starting the mixer on low, gently knead the dough together. Once it comes together add the softened Kerrygold Salted Butter in chunks. Add more flour if the dough looks too sticky. Knead the mixture on one step above low for about 10 minutes or until it begins to make a slapping sound in the bowl and looks smooth.
- Remove from bowl and gently knead on a lightly floured surface, about 10 times. Roll it into a ball and place it in a well oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and a clean kitchen towel. Place in a warm area for about 1 ½ to 2 hours or until it doubles in size.
- Grease a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Set aside. In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch.
- Remove the risen dough from the bowl and divide in half. Gently roll out the dough on a floured surface with a rolling pin. Roll it into a rectangle roughly the same size as the baking dish. Spread half of the softened Kerrygold Salted Butter over the dough and sprinkle with half of the filling mixture. Roll the dough on top of itself starting at the long end, like a jellyroll. Cut in half, and then cut the halves into 3rds. You should end up with 6 rolls per log, 12 rolls total for the recipe. Place the cut rolls on the greased baking dish cut side up. Repeat with the other half of the dough.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and place in a warm area until puffy and s lightly risen, about 30 minutes. Or, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. The next morning let the rolls come to room temperature, about 45 minutes, before baking.
- Preheat oven to 375° F and place an oven rack in the middle.
- Bake the rolls for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. A toothpick inserted into the middle of the rolls should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool. While the rolls are cooling make the frosting. In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer combine Kerrygold Salted Butter, powdered sugar and Kerrygold Irish Cream Liqueur. Beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Once the rolls have cooled, liberally spread the frosting over the tops. Will keep covered, at room temperature for 3-4 days.