To prepare the crust:
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Use a pastry cutter or the backs of two forks to cut in the Kerrygold unsalted butter until pea-sized clumps exist throughout.
- Add the bourbon to the water and drizzle in a 1/3 cup of the mixture (sans ice) and use a fork to bring the dough together. Continue adding small bits of water until the mixture comes together enough for the dough to pull away from the bowl. The dough should be smooth- not sticky or crumble. Try not to overwork it.
- Pat the dough into a small disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill in the fridge at least two hours.
To prepare the honey caramel filling:
- Combine the honey and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Stop stirring and continue cooking, stirring occasionally.
- As the mixture heats it will foam, make big clear bubbles, and then make tighter fine bubbles. Continue swirling the pan occasionally and watch as the caramel begins to slowly darken.
- Once the center has slightly darkened to a brownish shade, remove from heat immediately and carefully and slowly drizzle in the cream, stirring all the while.
- Add the Kerrygold unsalted butter and salt and stir until melted and combined.
- Place the mixture in a heat-proof bowl to chill in the fridge.
To prepare the brown butter crumble:
- In a small saucepan, melt the Kerrygold unsalted butter over medium-low heat stirring regularly. Continue stirring as you brown the Kerrygold butter. It will sizzle, foam, and then you’ll see small golden specks forming around the bottom and sides of the pan. Continue stirring to prevent the Kerrygold butter from burning until the mixture is fairly golden and smells deliciously nutty.
- Remove from heat immediately to a heat-safe bowl. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the flour and fold until the mixture forms large clumps.
- Place the mixture in the fridge to chill slightly while you assemble your pie.
To prepare the pie:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Roll the dough out on a floured surface using a floured rolling pin until it is 2” larger than your 9” tart pan with a removable bottom on all sides.
- Roll the dough back onto your rolling pin and unroll it into the tart pan.
- Carefully press the dough into the corners of the pan and trim off any excess around the edges leaving a 1” overhang on all sides.
- Fold the edges into the tart pan to create a thicker crust that extends about ¼” over the sides of the pan.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and, without breaking the yolk, use a pastry brush to brush a thin layer of egg white all over the dough on the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Place the crust in the freezer to set for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, peel and core your peaches and slice them into ¾” slices. Toss with the cornstarch, brown sugar, and salt. Pour the filling into the prepared tart pan. Pour 1 cup of the of the honey caramel over the peaches. You can slightly rewarm to liquid consistency as needed. Sprinkle the brown butter crumble on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes and then decrease the heat to 350. Bake for an additional 40-45 minutes or until the pie is set, golden, and bubbling under the crust. Allow to cool for 2-3 hours prior to cutting. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.