- Gather all ingredients and have them measured and ready to go before you start cooking. The recipe moves quickly once you start, please read through the entire recipe before you begin.
- Line a 9 x 12 sheet pan with foil and set aside.
- Mix the corn syrup with the water until completely combined and set aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan, place the Kerrygold Unsalted Butter and melt over low heat.
- Add the water + corn syrup mixture and heat for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add the sugar and cook until it starts to bubble, stirring constantly.
- Place a candy thermometer on the side of the pan ensuring it isn’t touching the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until mixture reaches 305- the hard crack stage. DO NOT stir the mixture once you add the candy thermometer. Instead, pick the pan up and swirl the mixture around occasionally so it does not burn. If you stir, it can cause the sugar to crystallize and the mixture to separate.
- Watch the thermometer very carefully, the last degrees go very quickly. The mixture will start as a bright yellow and turn amber as it boils.
- When the mixture reaches 305 degrees, remove it from the heat immediately and pour it in prepared pan. Tilt the pan to cover evenly.
- When mixture is set (about 30-45 seconds) sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top and tent with aluminum foil for 2-3 minute to melt the chocolate.
- Remove the foil and use an offset spreader to smooth the chocolate out.
- Sprinkle the chopped almonds over the top of the chocolate.
- After the mixture has set for about 10 minutes, sprinkle flaky sea salt over the top.
- Chill for 20-30 minutes or until completely set.
- Remove toffee from pan and place on a cutting board. Use a very sharp knife to cut the toffee into pieces.
- Store at room temperature in a cool dry place.
Recipe by Garnish with Lemon.