- Place the cubed ciabatta bread on a large baking sheet, and bake in a 250° oven for about one hour to completely dry out the bread. Alternatively, cube the bread 2 to 3 days beforehand, and let it dry out at room temperature.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the Kerrygold Unsalted Butter. Add the chopped onion, chopped celery, fresh thyme leaves, and ground sage to the pan. Mix to combine, and cook the vegetables on medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes until they have softened slightly. Add the kosher salt, pepper, and chopped fresh parsley to the onion and celery mixture – stir to combine. Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cooked vegetables, 2 cups of chicken stock, and two eggs. Whisk to combine very well.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and spray a 9×13” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- Add the dried bread cubes to the egg and vegetable mixture. Use a spatula to fold the bread into the wet ingredients, until the bread is coated thoroughly. If the mixture seems dry, add another 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- Pour the stuffing into the prepared baking dish, in a smooth even later. Cover the pan with aluminum foil, and bake for 30 minutes, covered.
- Remove the foil, and bake for another 25-30 minutes uncovered until the top is golden brown and toasty. Optional: if making during thanksgiving, spoon a few tablespoons of the turkey juices over the top of the stuffing for an even richer flavor. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Lion’s Bread.