“Irish cuisine is going through a Renaissance – more and more chefs are paying closer attention to native ingredients, subscribing to the local, seasonal, and sustainable philosophy. These Heather and Lavender Shortbread cookies are the perfect modern Irish dessert – made with foraged wild heather and lavender from Ireland and Kerrygold Unsalted Butter.“
Check out other Modern Irish recipes from Chef JP McMahon here:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream Kerrygold Unsalted Butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Sift in the flour.
- Finely chop the flowers and add with the salt.
- Combine until a dough forms.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut into about 30 rectangular biscuits (cookies).
- Prick with a fork and dust with sugar.
- Transfer to the baking sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until pale golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef JP McMahon | The Irish Cookbook (Phaidon 2020)