- Combine barbecue sauce, soy sauce, pineapple juice, ginger, garlic and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Reserve 1/3 cup marinade for basting.
- Add chicken to marinade, cover bowl tightly and refrigerate for 2-8 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium high and brush grates with oil.
- Place pineapple rings and red onion slices on grill. Grill the pineapple slices for 3 minutes per side and the onion slices 4-5 minutes per side or until desired.
- Remove from grill and set aside.
- Brush grates with oil and add chicken breasts. Grill for 5-7 minutes and flip. Baste with reserved marinade and grill for additional 5-7 minutes. Cook until internal temperature is 160.
- Place 1 Kerrygold Savory Cheddar Cheese slice on to top of each chicken breast and cook until melted, about 1 minute.
- Remove chicken from grill and let rest for 5 minutes for juices to redistribute.
- Serve grilled chicken breasts on ciabatta rolls topped with grilled pineapple rings, red onion, lettuce and extra barbecue sauce on the side.
Recipe by Garnish with Lemon