- Melt Kerrygold Salted Butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and carrots and cook until onions are translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Stir in remaining soup ingredients and stir to combine. Allow soup to come to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low and cover.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes or until carrots are fork tender. Allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer soup to a blender in batches and puree until smooth. (Tip: Be careful to only fill the blender jar to about 1/3 – 1/2 full. Secure the lid on the top and hold a dish towel over it to prevent the top from coming off during blending.)
- Season soup to taste with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Top with curried chickpeas and fresh cilantro.
For Curried Chickpeas:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place drained chickpeas on a dish towel. Carefully blot them dry with another dish towel (The drier the chickpeas, the more they will crisp up in the oven.) Discard and papery skins from the chickpeas.
- Pour chickpeas onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and gently stir them around so they are coated on all sides. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Sprinkle chickpeas with curry, cumin and pepper. Stir to coat. Return pan to oven and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until chickpeas are crisp.
- Note: Roasted chickpeas will lose their crispness when stored. They are best enjoyed immediately after baking.
Recipe by Garnish with Lemon