- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners, as well as an additional pan with 2-3 more liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and ground cloves. Use a whisk to combine thoroughly.
- To another medium size bowl, add the eggs, brown sugar, whole milk, molasses, sour cream, and pure vanilla extract. Whisk to incorporate the ingredients really well. Slowly stream in the melted Kerrygold Naturally Softer Butter, whisking while your pour, until the mixture is emulsified.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, then pour the egg and milk mixture into the dry ingredients. Whisk well until just combined. Don’t over mix or the muffins become dense.
- Use a large ice cream scoop or a 1/4 cup measuring cup to portion the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake at 400° for 25-27 minutes until the muffins are puffy, with crinkled tops. Rotate the pan halfway through the bake time to ensure an even bake.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. In a small mixing bowl, combine the powdered sugar, milk and kosher salt. Whisk until smooth. If you prefer a thinner glaze, add another teaspoon of milk. To retrieve the seeds from the vanilla bean pod, use a sharp paring knife to slice the vanilla bean in half, lengthwise. Use the tip of the knife to flatten out the interior of the pod. Then, firmly press the knife down as your scrape the seeds from the inside of the pod. Scrape the seeds off the edge of the knife into the glaze, and whisk to combine.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely, and then spoon the glaze on top, allowing it to drip down the sides slightly. The glaze should set up within 10 minutes.
Recipe by Lion’s Bread.