- Mound the flour into a pile on a clean surface. Use your fingers to make a deep well in the center of the flour.
- Crack one of the eggs into the well and, using a fork, gently whisk the egg, pulling in bits of flour as you go.
- Once there is room in the well, add the second egg and continue to whisk and gradually pull in more flour. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Once it becomes difficult to mix with the fork, use your hands to knead the dough, pushing and pressing, until the mixture forms a cohesive ball and is no longer sticky.
- Wrap the dough tightly with plastic wrap and let it rest at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Set a large pot of heavily salted water to boil. (If it comes to a boil before you are ready to cook the noodles, turn off the heat.)
- Unwrap the dough and cut it in four equal portions.
- Place one portion on a floured work surface and re-wrap the remaining portions. Using a rolling pin, glass bottle or pasta machine, make long sheets of pasta, ideally 8-inches wide, 18-inches long and a millimeter thick (you should almost be able to see through it, but not quite.)
- From the short end, roll the pasta into a log, adding flour as needed to prevent the sides of the sheets from sticking together, and slice into desired noodle widths. Transfer the noodles to a floured work surface until ready to cook. Repeat with the remaining portions of dough.
- Cook the noodles for 2-3 minutes, until they float to the top. Drain and toss with your favorite pasta sauce. Serve immediately.
Brown Butter Sage Sauce:
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the Kerrygold Salted Butter.
- Stir in the sage and cook until the butter is brown but not burnt and the mixture is fragrant with a nutty aroma, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked Fresh Pasta and toss in the sauce until completely coated.
- Plate the portions of pasta and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Recipe by The Dynamite Shop