Make the cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×8″ square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray, and line with a strip of parchment paper, hanging over two sides.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk well.
3. To a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, melted Kerrygold Unsalted butter, sugar, plain yogurt, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Whisk well until thoroughly incorporated, about 1 minute.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to gently mix until just combined and no streaks of flour remain.
5. Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking pan, and use a spatula to smooth out the top into an even layer.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until lightly golden brown, and a cake tester comes out with moist crumbs. Allow to cool completely.
Make the Chantilly Cream:
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, pour in the cold heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract and orange zest.
2. Whisk on medium speed for about 5-6 minutes until you have soft peaks.
Assemble the Trifles:
1. Cut the cake into small squares. Place a few pieces of cake in the bottoms of 5-6 dessert glasses or jars.
2. Spoon on about 2 tablespoons of the chantilly cream, followed by a teaspoon of jam. Then place a few berries on top, and repeat with one more layer of each. Finish the top with plenty of fresh berries.
3. Serve immediately. Store any leftovers, covered in plastic wrap, in the refrigerator.
Recipe by Lion’s Bread