- Preheat oven to 425F / 218C. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Mix and measure all dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, baking soda) and set aside. Make sure all the dry ingredients are whisked together.
- Cut cold Kerrygold Salted Butter into 1-2 inch pieces and add all Kerrygold Salted butter chunks to the flour mixture.
- Blend butter with the flour mixture, mixing with your fingertips until all of the flour is coated with butter. The mix should resemble crumbs. All butter should be blended in with the flour.
- Mix in the finely shredded Kerrygold Skellig cheese until evenly combined – taking care not to squish the cheese as you mix.
- Make a little well in the middle of the butter and flour mixture and add all the buttermilk. Working quickly with your hands, fold the flour and butter mixture into the buttermilk until it’s all combined.
- In three parts – sprinkle the 1/4 cup flour on top of the dough mixture folding over the dough, folding after each addition of the flour. Keep folding and sprinkling in three parts until all the flour is incorporated and the dough is soft and no longer sticky.
- On the floured surface knead the dough two more times and then pat and shape into a 12” rectangle. Cut lengthwise once and horizontally four times, creating 8 biscuits.
- Place cut dough squares on parchment lined baking sheet, using a pastry brush dipped in buttermilk, paint the tops of each biscuit and bake for 20-24 minutes or until golden brown on top. They should be fluffy and golden.
- Serve with Kerrygold Salted Butter and warm honey.
Recipe by Sweetish co.