- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line an 8×8” cake pan with parchment paper, or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- To a large bowl, add the brown sugar and eggs. Whisk for about a minute until thoroughly combined and creamy.
- Add the sour cream, pure vanilla extract, and melted Kerrygold Salted Butter. Whisk well.
- In a separate medium size bowl, combine the all purpose flour, kosher salt, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and allspice. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, then use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to fold in gently. Before the dry ingredients are fully incorporated, add the diced apples to the bowl. Continue to fold in until no streaks of flour remain.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking pan, then use an offset spatula to smooth out the top. Shingle the thinly sliced apples on top of the cake batter. The sprinkle the top with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top is golden brown, and the apples on top are soft.
Recipe by Lions Bread.