For Galette Dough:
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt, and whisk to combine. Add the cold cubed Kerrygold Unsalted Butter. Using your clean fingers, or a pastry cutter, smoosh the cubes of Kerrygold Unsalted Butter into the flour, until the butter is the size of peas.
- Add the ice water, and stir gently to combine, until the dough just starts to come together – you should still see pea-sized pieces of butter.
- Pour the dough out onto a large work surface, and gather the dough together into a ball, gently kneading in any dry patches of flour. Shape into a disk about 5″ wide. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
For the filling:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 9″ pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel the nectarines, then cut into thick 1/2″ slices. Place the nectarines in a medium size bowl. Add 1/3 cup of the sugar to nectarines, and let sit for 10 minutes to macerate and let the fruit release some of its juices.
- Use a slotted spoon, or your hands, to lift the nectarine slices out, while leaving ALL of the drained juices behind in the bowl. Place the nectarines in another bowl, then add the remaining 1/3 cup sugar, lemon zest, vanilla extract, salt, and cornstarch. Mix to combine.
- Remove the chilled dough from the fridge, and place it on a well floured work surface. Roll out to a circle, about 16″ wide. Gently and quickly fold the dough in half, then in half again, and transfer to your prepared pie plate. Quickly unfold the dough into a single layer in the pie plate, pressing the dough up the sides of the pie plate. There should be plenty of over hang.
- Add the nectarine filling in an even layer, leave any extra juices in the bowl. Scatter blueberries over the top. Fold the edges of dough in over the fruit, working your way around the galette.
- Brush the edges with beaten egg, and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes until the fruit is bubbling, and the crust is deeply golden brown and caramelized. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Serve with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or creme fraiche. Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees for best results.
Recipe by Lion’s Bread