Crispy Smashed Potatoes Directions:
- In a large pot of water, place the fingerling potatoes and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to simmer and cook until then can be pierced easily with a fork. (Total time should take about 30 minutes. Be careful to not overcook them.) Drain and set aside.
- Place a double layer of paper towels on the counter and set the drained potatoes on top to cool.
- Using a clean dishtowel or paper towel, gently smash the potatoes with the heel of your hand and place on baking sheet. (The potatoes can be prepared to this point up to 8 hours ahead of time. Let cool completely before refrigerating)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper and drizzle olive oil, making sure that a bit of oil gets under each potato so they are entirely coated.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, flipping once with a spatula half way through. Roast until edges are crispy and brown. Serve immediately with Kerrygold Aged Cheddar Cheese Sauce.
Kerrygold Aged Cheddar Cheese Sauce Directions:
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk constantly for one minute.
- Gradually add milk, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 5-7 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese by the handful and stir until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh black pepper and chopped chives. Serve with Crispy Smashed Potatoes.