- Over low heat in a medium saucepan, simmer the fresh cranberries, chopped dates, and water for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally until the cranberries pop and breakdown. Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the vanilla and fresh lemon juice, set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13” baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, oats, brown sugar, kosher salt, and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- Pour the melted Kerrygold Salted Butter into the flour/oat mixture and use a wooden spoon to stir until incorporated. The mixture should look crumbly. Pat half of the oat mixture into the prepared 9×13″ baking pan. Use your fingers, or the bottom of a measuring cup, to press the mixture down firmly into an even layer.
- Gently spread the cranberry date filling over the bottom crust using a small offset spatula.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture on top of the filling in an even layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the topping is golden brown. Allow the bars to cool completely.
- Make the glaze: combine the powdered sugar, orange juice, vanilla extract and salt in a bowl. Whisk until smooth, and then drizzle over the cooled bars. Allow the glaze to set up completely and cut into bars.
Recipe by Lion’s Bread.