- Preheat oven to 400F / 205C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut and tear loaf of bread into 1 and 2 inch pieces. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle all the pieces with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until bread is golden brown and toasty. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to to 350F / 205 C.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of Kerrygold Butter over medium heat and cook onions and celery for about 10-12 minutes, until softened and translucent.
- Add a few pinches of kosher salt as you cook the onion and celery. Add garlic and remaining 4 tablespoons of Kerrygold Butter and cook for another minute.
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth and cook for one more minute. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Prepare herbs. Chop parsley and remove woody parts of the thyme and chop the leaves. Shred Kerrygold Aged Cheddar.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs and remaining 1 ½ cups of chicken broth. Toss bread in the broth and egg mixture. Add onion mixture and toss. Add Kerrygold Aged Cheddar and herbs, toss to distribute evenly.
- Butter with Kerrygold Salted Butter a 9 x 13 baking dish. Pour stuffing mixture in baking dish, cover with foil, and bake at 350F / 205C for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of baking take off foil and bake for 5-10 more minutes or until the top looks golden brown and all liquid is absorbed.
- Serve warm and sprinkle with remaining herbs and Kerrygold Aged Cheddar if desired.
Recipe by Sweetish Co.