- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Grease a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat the Kerrygold Unsalted Butter and sugar until fluffy, about 7 min. Add the eggs 1 at a time, and keep beating, ensuring each is incorporated before adding the next. Add the vanilla and beat.
- Add the flour mixture, continuing to mix until no dry ingredients are visible. Do not overbeat.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- Put the pan on a baking sheet and put it in the oven. Bake for 50-60 min, tenting with foil after 40 min. To test for doneness, insert a cake tester or skewer into the center; it should come out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 20-30 min and then run a knife gently around the edges and remove it from the pan. Turn the cake out onto a cooling rack and let cool completely.