To make the crust:
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder and powdered sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add the Kerrygold Unsalted Butter to the flour mixture and toss to coat.
- Add beaten egg yolk and 2 tablespoons whipping cream to flour/butter mixture and use a pastry blender or 2 forks to combine. The dough will look crumbly. If too dry, add additional tablespoon of cream.
- Knead to combine and wrap dough into plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and preheat oven to 350.
- Press dough into tart pan being sure to get all the way up the sides. Poke the crust with a fork all over to prevent air bubbles.
- Place parchment paper on top of crust and fill with pie weights.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then remove parchment paper and pie weights and continue to bake for 5 more minutes. Cool completely before filling.
To make the filling:
- In a medium bowl, add cream cheese and powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add coffee and mix until combined.
- Place chocolate in microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir and heat for an additional 30 seconds until melted. Be careful not to burn. Set aside to cool. Once it is cool, stir into cream cheese mixture.
- In another medium bowl, add the whipping cream and whip until soft peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour filling into crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to set.
- Slice figs and place on top of tart, top with chopped pistachios.
- Slice into 8 slices and serve.
Recipe by Garnish with Lemon.