*You will need a standing mixer and food processor for this bread.
- In a small box mix together the yeast, sugar, and milk. Set aside for 5 minutes. Yeast should bubble.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix together flour and salt. Add yeast mixture, egg and softened butter. Mix for about 3 minutes until dough comes together and is soft and sticky.
- Put dough in buttered bowl, cover with plastics and let it rise until its doubled in size. Rising time varies depending on the temperature of your room.
- While dough is rising, make the pesto.
- Put the basil, pine nuts, cheese, salt, and olive oil in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add lemon juice. Store in a jar with a tight fitting lid and add another drizzle of oil.
- Once dough has doubled in size preheat the oven to 360F/180C.
- Flour and butter the line with parchment in a 9×5 bread tin.
- Place flour on a clean surface and divide the dough into 12 evenly sized balls.
- Flatten each ball and spread a spoonful of pesto on the dough.
- Sprinkle Kerrygold Skellig Cheddar Cheese on top of the pesto.
- Fold the dough and place it in the tin, folded, filling side up.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until top is golden.
- Let bread cool slightly before serving. Serve bread with left over pesto and softened Kerrygold Salted Butter.
Recipe by Sweetish Co.