- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the warm water, yeast, and sugar. Use a small whisk to thoroughly combine. Let the yeast proof for about 5 minutes, until the mixture is foamy and bubbly.
- Make sure the stand mixer is fitted with the dough hook attachment. Add the kosher salt to the bowl, and 1 cup of the flour. Mix on low, while slowly adding the rest of the flour, until it is fully incorporated. Knead the mixture on low for about 5 minutes. The dough should look sticky, and should just form a loose ball.
- Remove the dough hook, scraping any dough bits off it. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature for about an hour, until the dough has doubled in size.
- Place a large pizza stone in the oven, then preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Pour the dough out onto a generously floured work surface. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Flour the tops of each piece, and one by one, begin rolling them out into large, flat, rectangles, about 5″x14″. Carefully place the flatbreads directly onto the preheated pizza stone in the oven. You may have to work in batches, baking 2 flatbreads at a time. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, until the crust is crispy and golden brown on top.
- Remove the flatbreads from the oven, and place on a baking sheet. Lower the oven temperature to 400 degrees. Lightly drizzle each one with olive oil, then lay the Kerrygold Savory Cheddar Slices on top, breaking them in half and scattering for even coverage.
- Place the flatbreads back in the oven for about 5 minutes to let the Kerrygold Savory Cheese Slices melt.
- Meanwhile, make the salad. In the bottom of a medium size bowl, combine the olive oil, fresh lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Whisk very well until the dressing is emulsified. Add the arugula, red onion, dried cranberries, and walnuts. Toss to coat the leaves evenly with the dressing.
- Remove the flatbreads from the oven, place on a serving board. Top the melty cheesy flatbreads with the salad, and slice into large pieces.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Lion’s Bread