To make the crust:
- Grease the inside of a 9-inch springform pan. Wrap exterior of pan with three layers of heavy foil. Set aside.
- Place a large roasting pan in the middle of oven. Fill ¼ full with water. Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Add cookies to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until crumbs look like fine sand. Add Kerrygold Unsalted Butter and sugar and pulse until incorporated.
- Pour crumb mixture into the prepared pan. Use a measuring cup to evenly press the crumbs into a crust in the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate while making the cheesecake batter.
To make the filling:
- Place cream cheese and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat until fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add sour cream, vanilla and optional spices and mix until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Remove crust from refrigerator and pour batter into prepared crust. Gently place pan directly into water bath in oven. Bake for 75 minutes. Turn oven off, leave the cheesecake in the oven and prop the oven door open with the handle of a wooden spoon for another 60 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and allow cheesecake to completely cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.
To make the sugared cranberries:
- Place sugar and water in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and pour in two cups of cranberries. Let berries sit in sugar syrup for at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour. While berries are cooling, line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set a cooling rack on top of the parchment.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove cranberries from sugar syrup and transfer to the cooling rack. Dry berries for one hour. Discard syrup or save for another use.
- Roll cooled cranberries in ½ cup sugar and add to top of cheesecake when ready to serve.
Recipe by Garnish With Lemon.