- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the flour, thyme, cornstarch, and salt. Mix on low to combine.
- Add the pieces of cold butter to the bowl, and mix on medium speed until the Kerrygold Salted Butter is the size of peas.
- Add the Kerrygold Mild Cheddar Shreds cheese, and mix on low until the mixture looks like coarse sand.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of cold water to the mixture, and mix on low until the mixture just comes together as a dough.
- Dump the dough out onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Pull the dough together into a ball, and divide it in half. Use your hands to work 1/2 of the dough out into a round log shape, about 1.5″ diameter, and wrap tightly with plastic.
- Repeat with the second half of dough. Freeze for at least 1.5 hours or up to 2 weeks.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the chilled dough from the freezer, and use a sharp chef’s knife to slice 1/2″ thick shortbread rounds.
- Place the shortbread on the prepared baking sheets, spaced about 1.5″ apart (they don’t spread much). Bake for 25-30 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Recipe by Lion’s Bread.