- Preheat the oven to 450ºF and Grease a 10-inch cast-iron skillet or round pan with 1 tablespoon Kerrygold Unsalted Butter.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Transfer to the bowl of a food processor and pulse in the remaining 1/2 cup of cold Kerrygold Unsalted Butter, or in the same mixing bowl cut in the butter using a pastry cutter or two knives and then quickly rub the butter into the flour with your fingers.
- Add the milk and mix gently until a soft dough forms.
- Drop the dough by large spoonfuls into the greased pan, nestling the biscuits close together. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on top of the dough.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned. Transfer to a cooling rack. Serve warm.
- The biscuits will keep in an airtight container for up to 2 days, or wrapped tightly in foil and a layer of plastic wrap and frozen for up to 3 months. To reheat, wrap biscuits in foil and heat in a 300ºF oven or toaster oven for 5 minutes.
For Compound Butter:
- In a mixing bowl, mash 1/2 cup (1 stick) Kerrygold Salted butter with about 1 tablespoon combined spices, citrus zest, chopped garlic, herbs, etc.
- Form into a log and wrap tightly with plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- Refrigerate until ready to use on potatoes, toast and more.
Recipe by The Dynamite Shop.